Job Title: Case Management Officer Location: Idleb/ Northern and western Aleppo countryside. Vacancy Code: SY- CMO0420 Closing Date: 29th of April 2020 Contract status: Full-time Reports to: Programs Manager Contracting period 30 September 2020 (renewable subject to funding) About LDHR:
Lawyers and doctors for human rights is non-governmental organization which supports the civilians during the crises and dedicates the time and resources to provide the help in order to stop human rights violations and aiding the people in need to be effective community members.
Under the direct supervision of the Programs Manager, the Case Management Officer will be primarily responsible for the implementation of LDHR’s projects and ensure transparency and integrity across all program’s activities.
Additionally, the Programs officer will provide support and assistance as required to programs in supported projects. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and update the waiting list of torture and detention survivors who are willing to document their cases by communicating with the first responders, documenters, LDHR’s partners, and LDHR’s network.
• Act as the main focal point between the survivors and LDHR’s documenters in order to give the survivors an orientation about LDHR’s scope of work and facilitate the documentation sessions.
• Receive feedback from both documenter and survivor after finalizing the documentation process and record it on the feedback tracker.
• Assist the programs Manager in the follow up process with QAC, documenters, and transitional justice department.
• Update the case tracker on a daily basis.
• Assist in compiling the monthly report by providing inputs.
• Lead the preparation process of case clinics by coordinating with both QAC and survivors.
• Receive feedback from survivors after finalizing the case clinic and record it on the case tracker and compile the feedback report.
• Receive the final report from the case clinic leader and review it before sharing it.
• Lead the process of compensating documenters, case clinic supervisors, and case clinic leader as per the incentives scale.
• Identify a potential service provider to be vetted from many sources like the first responders, documenters, LDHR’s partners, and LDHR’s network.
• Lead the vetting process of service providers and sign an MOUs with all vetted centers in both Syria.
• Update the vetting tracker on daily basis in order to include the information of all vetted centers.
• Lead the referral process of all survivors who are in need to be referred to service providers and record all details of referral process on the referral tracker.
• Take a spot check feedback from some survivors about the service he/she received from the center and put it together in one document and send it to programs manager.
• Where appropriate, receive and document the final report from the service providers who delivered the service to the referred survivors.
• Assist with administrative duties such as filing, scanning, copying, and mailing.
• Archiving all related documents to Sync in timely manner.
• Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodic reports.
• Where appropriate, work closely with partner organizations in completing the above tasks
• Contribute to routine collection, production, and sharing of monthly lessons learned; this is to be coordinated between all relevant programs departments.
• All other duties and tasks assigned by Programs manager. Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• At least a bachelor’s degree in a mental health, psychosocial support, psychological counselling or equivalent experience.
• Able to prioritize, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines.
• Willingness to travel and work extensively – sometimes at short notice, in difficult places and under long hours – according to a results-based approach
• Able to work independently and within a team.
• Diligent in work processes.
• Flexible in schedule, attitude and work prioritization.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google software, particularly Google Drive, Gmail, Google Docs, MS Word and MS Excel. Adobe suite preferred.
• Fluency in English and Arabic.
• Previous NGO experience in a similar context a plus. If no NGO experience, strong previous work experience in project management, or experience working in a multinational position preferred
• Male candidates are recommended to apply.
• Please note that applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and the job will remain posted until a qualified candidate is identified. How to Apply:
Interested candidates may please fill required information in the following link below: https://bit.ly/3cFZeBR