Job Title: Human Rights Report Expert
Location: This position is a short-term consultancy position that could be based remotely
Vacancy Code: TR-HRRE2109
Deadline for application:15th of Oct 2021
Contract status: Full-time
– The successful applicant will be offered a fixed-term contract (short-term), extendable based on funding and performance.
– The timeframe for this consultancy is estimated to be 10 days a month.
- ABOUT LDHR:
Lawyers and doctors for human rights is a non-governmental organization that supports civilians during crises and dedicates the time and resources to provide help to stop human rights violations and aiding the people in need to be effective community members.
LDHR strives for a just world that advances human rights, justice, and equality. In doing our work, we are fully committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for people we serve, support and work with ensuring we do not harm anyone we are in contact with as an LDHR organization or individuals within the organization. This means nothing we do must contribute in any way to harming or placing women, men, or children who we support or come to contact with at risk of harm. Designing and delivering safe program is a major aspect of our commitment to “no harm”.
- Consultancy Brief, Responsibilities and Tasks:
The deliverables required are to lead the drafting process of a Human Rights report to be published in (30th December 2021). The report will be based on existing expert medical reports documenting detention-related torture and sexual violence. The tasks required from the consultant include the following:
- Analyze medico-legal expert reports and other available information to specify the theme/subject of the human rights report to be drafted.
- Prepare a work plan for the report drafting process.
- Analyze the evidence available.
- Supervise a team of lawyers for the completion of the human rights report.
- Give instructions on the tasks to be performed by each lawyer.
- Review the work done by the lawyers and provide feedback.
- Compile the work of the team in a comprehensive manner.
- Include statistical data where needed.
- Qualifications Skills and Experience
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Education: At least Bachelor’s degree in law, international relations, political or social science, international development or any related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of Four years of experience, preferably in an INGO/ NGO, in a similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Has an extensive experience in taking the lead on drafting human rights reports for NGOs/ INGOs.
- Has a high proficiency in compiling statistics on human rights violations.
- Has a high proficiency in managing/supervising a team.
- Has the ability to work on very sensitive issues, such as torture and sexual and gender-based violence.
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic, English (written & spoken) are ESSENTIAL.
- Other Essential Qualifications and Personal Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations while maintaining a calm and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities and exercise sound judgment.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively with people of different cultural contexts.
- Flexible, creative, and problem-solving-oriented.
- Professionalism and maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
- Competence with MS Office applications, including good knowledge of Excel.
- A qualified PSEA training certificate is an advantage.
- Previous experience working in the MENA region and understanding of the Syrian crisis’s context is an advantage.
- Confidentiality Of Information:
- All documents, findings and data collected by the consultant will be treated as confidential and used solely to facilitate analysis and not be used (fully or partially) in any other context
- HOW TO APPLY
- Interested consultants are invited to submit to ( https://bit.ly/3AZPbEC )
- Applications (Resume/ CV / Cover letter) in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
- LDHR Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Interested consultants are required to send two references from the last client/employers (preferably senior management / HR) with emails from the official domains.