Job Title: Gender-Based Violence (GBV) officer
Location: Gaziantep/ Turkey.
Vacancy Code: TR-GBV0422
Closing Date: 5th May 2022
Contract status Part-time
- The successful applicant will be offered a fixed-term contract, extendable based on funding and performance.
- Salary and conditions will be offered according to the LDHR salary scale.
- Working hours: 5h/ day, 25hs/ week
- ABOUT LDHR:
Lawyers and doctors for human rights is a non-governmental organization that supports civilians during crises and dedicates the time and resources to provide help to stop human rights violations and aid the people in need to be effective community members.
- POSITION SUMMARY:
The GBV Officer will be reporting directly to the programs manager and is primarily responsible for delivering the first responders and stigma projects, updating the tracking system and leading the process of programs reporting for those projects and working with the LDHR Gender Committee in the implementation of the LDHR Gender Policy.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Concerning LDHR’s First Responder and Stigma work:
- Day-to-day management includes planning with LDHR Trainers, working with logistics and procurement to ensure effective and efficient implementation following the work plan, as well as reporting and collation of activity/delivery data including beneficiary feedback.
- working closely with Programs and ensuring close liaison with the operations department; this includes staying aware of any procurement and distribution developments, leading the process of gathering information from required team members related to PRs, including ensuring technical justifications are provided for all procurement, maintaining the PR tracking tool and following up with operations on a daily basis
- Ensuring efficient spending and careful management of the budget for this work, working closing with the finance and Programs Manager to report and accurately forecast spending within the allocated budget
- Working with operations to ensure risk assessments and careful risk management in adherence to security policies and protocols.
- Working with LDHR Trainers to ensure training event reporting and monthly activity reporting is completed and received on time, and progress sharing in weekly meetings and updating LDHR programs trackers on a daily basis.
- Ensure full and accurate record of all training and activities which were conducted in Syria or Turkey for both LDHR staff and other trainees and maintain an accurate tracker including (Training agenda, attendees list, training material).
- Supporting LDHR Trainers and First Responders in data collection for Advanced First Responder training mappings and supporting analysis and reporting work for this activity.
- Supporting LDHR Trainers and First Responders in data collection or surveying for stigma work.
- Participate in regular meetings and communication with the field, ensuring information sharing with the Programs Manager and other team members, as well as keeping an accurate log of all meetings on the online meetings tracker.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date record keeping of First Responder and Stigma work.
- Concerning support to the LDHR Gender Policy and Gender Committee:
- Act as LDHR’s focal point in GBV cluster meetings and all related cluster meetings.
- Act as the Gender focal point within the management team, facilitating the implementation of the Gender Policy.
- Supporting the work of LDHR Gender Committee, coordinating and supporting meetings, assisting with the implementation of their Action Plan and helping with monthly and quarterly reporting of their work and monitoring.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of any training through the Gender Committee.
- Acting as a liaison between the Gender Committee and LDHR Management Team, ensuing requests for information are responded to promptly and assists the management team with the implementation of recommendations, and assisting with accurate budget management and spend reporting.
- Provide support to the Programs Manager, in areas of mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, timely reporting, project closure, project assessments, and internal information sharing.
- This Position might require travelling to Syria to supervise the implementation of LDHR’s activities in Syria.
- Contribute to the routine collection, production, and sharing of monthly lessons learned; this is to be coordinated between all relevant programs departments.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Education: at least a bachelor’s degree in Health, Development or social science closely related to the Humanitarian/Development sector, and/or other relevant fields.
- Work Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience, preferably in an INGO/ NGO, in a similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Skills/knowledge: High proficiency in Knowledge of MS Excel and experience with international development programming, excellent writing and research skills.
- High proficiency in Knowledge of protection, PSEA, Safeguarding, GBV and/or gender at policy, training and implementation level, in addition to a high level of computer literacy,
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic, and English (written & spoken) are ESSENTIAL, Turkish is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and skills to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the GBV and Programs management area.
- A problem solving and solution-oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable
- Planning skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given deadlines, adaptable and willing to perform other duties and occasionally work irregular hours if needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications (Resume/ CV) in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
- LDHR Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Legally to work in Turkey: Only applications with Turkish citizenship will be considered.
- Interested candidates may please fill required information at the following link, Only short-listed candidates will be contacted:
- To apply, please fill out the required details in the following link: