- Job Title: Case Management Officer
- Location: Gaziantep/ Turkey.
- Vacancy Code: TR-CMRO0421
- Closing Date: 5th of May 2021
- Contract status: Part-time ( Turning to Full-Time is subject to funding and performance)
- Contracting Conditions:
- The successful applicant will be offered a fixed-term contract, extendable based on funding and performance.
- Salary and conditions will be following the LDHR salary scale.
- ABOUT LDHR:
Lawyers and doctors for human rights is a non-governmental organization that supports the civilians during crises and dedicates the time and resources to provide help to stop human rights violations and aiding the people in need to be effective community members.
- POSITION SUMMARY:
The Case Management Officer is the first point of contact for individuals/ Survivors who are willing to document their cases or seeking to be referred to service centers.
The duties of the Case management Officer primarily involve conducting comprehensive risk and needs-based assessment interviews by telephone or, occasionally, face-to-face and the onward referral of potential victims to appropriate documentation services.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Create and update the waiting list of torture and detention survivors who are willing to document their cases by communicating with the first responders, documenters, LDHR’s partners, and LDHR’s network.
- Act as the main focal point between the survivors and LDHR’s documenters to give the survivors an orientation about LDHR’s scope of work and facilitate the documentation sessions.
- Receive feedback from both the documenter and survivor after finalizing the documentation process and record it on the feedback tracker.
- Assist the program officer in tracking and reporting in the follow-up process with QAC, documenters, and the transitional justice department.
- Update the case tracker on daily basis.
- Assist in compiling the monthly report by providing inputs.
- Lead the preparation process of case clinics by coordinating with both QAC and survivors.
- Receive feedback from survivors after finalizing the case clinic and record it on the case tracker and compile the feedback report.
- Receive the final report from the case clinic leader and review it before sharing it.
- Lead the process of compensating documenters, case clinic supervisors, and case clinic leaders as per the incentives scale.
- Identify a potential service provider to be vetted from many sources like the first responders, documenters, LDHR’s partners, and LDHR’s network.
- Lead the vetting process of service providers and sign MOUs with all vetted centers in both Turkey and Syria.
- Update the vetting tracker on daily basis to include the information of all vetted centers.
- Lead the referral process of all survivors who are in need to be referred to service providers and record all details of the referral process on the referral tracker.
- Take a spot check feedback from some survivors about the service he/she received from the center and put it together in one document and send it to the programs manager.
- Where appropriate, receive and document the final report from the service providers who delivered the service to the referred survivors.
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodic reports.
- Where appropriate, work closely with partner organizations in completing the above tasks
- Contribute to the routine collection, production, and sharing of monthly lessons learned; this is to be coordinated between all relevant programs departments.
- Attend the protection cluster meetings and all cluster meetings assigned by the Programs manager.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Health, Development, or social science or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum of three years experience, preferably in an INGO/ NGO, in a similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic, English (written & spoken) are ESSENTIAL, and the ability to effectively write reports; Turkish is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with international development programming.
- Effective team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Flexible, creative, and problem-solving-oriented.
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven skills ineffective coordination, mentorship, and working in a multi-stakeholder collaborative environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations whilst maintaining a calm and positive attitude.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Legally to work in Turkey (Applications with Turkish citizenship will be Considered).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may please fill required information at the following link: