Job Title: Secretary and Administration Assistant
Location: Gaziantep / Turkey
Vacancy Code: TR-SecAA1120
Closing Date: 16th November 2020.
Contract status Full-time
Contracting period for five months (with extensions possibility that subject to funding and performance evaluation within the probation period (2 moths) About LDHR:
Lawyers and doctors for human rights is non-governmental organization which supports the civilians during the crises and dedicates the time and resources to provide the help in order to stop human rights violations and aiding the people in need to be effective community members. Position Summary:
The Secretary and Administration Assistant will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer – CEO.
This role aims at supporting the sound management for the Administrative function within the LDHR Head Quarter Office in Turkey via participating in maintaining and applying LDHR policy and Procedure regarding all the process that Admin Assistant involved in, operational support, including translation (Turkish, Arabic and occasionally English), archiving and other aspects of Administrative function
Reports to CEO
Department: Administrative Department Responsibilities and Duties:
• Facilitate translation activities to staff members in formal meetings from Turkish to Arabic and vice versa.
• Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
• Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
• Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
• Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
• Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
• Make travel arrangements for executives.
Lawyers & Doctors for Human Rights İnsan Hakları İçin Avukatlar ve Doktorlar Derneği
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors.
• Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
• Manage office supplies stock and place orders
• Maintain and update company databases
• Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
• Answer queries by employees and partners.
• Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments
• Book meeting rooms as required
• Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and package).
• Any other duties assigned by Management. Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, law, Social / Humanitarian Sciences, or any other close field of specialization.
• Work Experience: 1 to 2 years professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Skills/knowledge: Knowledge of MS Excel and experience in archiving Systems.
• Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic, Turkish (written & spoken) are essential, English is a plus.
• Ability to plan and organize and work in a systematic and organized manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Initiative, stress tolerance and reliable.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
• Good administration skills with strong attention to details and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
• Must be flexible, adaptable, and willing to perform other duties and occasionally work irregular hours if needed.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Legally to work in Turkey (Only applications with a Turkish citizenship will be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. LDHR reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency. How to Apply:
Interested candidates may please fill required information in the following link below: https://bit.ly/2TR383t